Monday, April 2, 2018

What's New?




I don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods, but around here, March came in like a lion and went out like a snowman. We received several inches of snow on Easter Day. I think it might have been Mother Nature's April Fool's Day prank :)

March Submissions

March was busy and fruitful for me. My submissions included: two series nonfiction packets/proposals to two different book publishers, two poems to two different magazines, a 'love project' picture book to two different publishers, a story for consideration in an upcoming Chicken Soup for the Soul anthology, and another article was submitted and accepted with Children's Book Insider. 

Goals For April

One of the poems I submitted last month received a positive rejection. One of my goals for April is to get it submitted to another magazine. I've been assigned another project with an educational publisher I worked with previously. This time I'll be writing specs for lesson plans. I want to write and submit two new poems to magazines. I want to get a picture book I've been working on sent off, and I want to get a first draft completed of a new picture book idea that I've been thinking about and taking ideas/notes on. I also want to send another proposal packet to another series nonfiction publisher.


If you're a subscriber to Children's Book Insider, be sure to check out my interview with Laura Purdie Salas in the April issue. We discuss her new book, Making A Living Writing Books For Kids: Tips, Techniques, and Tales from a Working Children's Author. I cannot recommend this book enough. It is overflowing with useful and practical guidance for working writers. Check out the interview and the book, and if you want to comment with your own goals below, please feel free. I would love to hear about what you've been working on. Hope you have a great week, and I'll be back on Friday with a poetry post. Happy Poetry Month!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and checking in. I love hearing from you.