Thursday, September 26, 2019

Poetry Friday: Hot Air Balloons

I had this post ready for last Friday, and then we lost our internet for four days. Technology is wonderful- when it works! Thankfully, a tech had us up and running again by the end of the weekend. So, we're back in business.

Welcome to Poetry Friday! This week's round up is hosted by Carol at Beyond Literacy Link. Be sure to click over to enjoy all of this week's poetry goodness.




We have an annual hot air balloon festival in our region every fall. Images of festivals past inspired this week's poem.

Balloon Magic

Zigzags, checks, and polkadots,
Rainbows flickering across the sky.
Dancing with clouds, kissing sun,
Bouquets of happy- summer's last sigh.

Copyright 2019 Kimberly M. Hutmacher



We've been giving away books galore over at STEAM Powered Poetry. Click over and scroll down to enter to win this week's giveaway, GIVE ME BACK MY BONES written by Kim Norman. And Congrats to Angel and Cassandra who each won a copy of my picture book, PAWS, CLAWS, HANDS, AND FEET.

15 comments:

  1. Kimberly, I enjoyed your post especially what do you do when tech is down. I have never seen a hot air balloon festival. It must be delightful. I enjoyed your poem and wonder if you would like to pair it with the hot air balloon photo or one that you take at the festival and offer it for my Embraceable Summer Gallery? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woul dbe honoured, Carol. Thank you! As far as no internet, I did get more writing and housework done, so it wasn't all bad, but I'm grateful to be connected again :)

      Delete
  2. Ack! No internet for F O U R days? I can't even imagine...although I used to 'play' Little House when I was little. I just saw Give Me Back My Bones at Bookworm Central, one of my favorite indie book stores, this past week. It is aDORable.
    And, bouquets of happy - summer's last sigh is sooooooo pretty. Nice pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! Little House was a favorite when I was little, but I was made for a time such as now, and I definitely enjoy my internet :)

      Delete
  3. No internet...can’t imagine. The book looks like a fun read. We have a balloon festival every June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jone, I did get more writing and housework done, so I guess it wasn't all bad. But, I'm very glad to be connected again :)

      Delete
  4. My laptop was in the shop all week, only the IPad which was challenging! Glad your internet is back for you! I had the pleasure of going up in a balloon in a festival in Santa Fe long ago, a wonderful memory. I love your "summer's last sigh", Kimberly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technology is wonderful- when it works :) How exciting that you were able to actually ride in a hot air balloon. I'm glad you enjoyed the poem.

      Delete
  5. Hot air balloons are so cool -- have you ever ridden in one? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only enjoyed them from the safety of the ground :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the chuckle this morning. Loved the Little House on the Prairie flashback. A photographer friend of ours attended a Hot Air Balloon Festival in Texas and brought home some gorgeous pictures. Could this be the same one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Cheriee. This is in Lincoln, IL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thrilled to be invited to write a poem about the Albuquerque Balloon Festival for THE POETRY OF US. Such an amazing sight! Thanks for allowing me to relive the experience through your poem today, Kimberly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it brought back wonderful memories for you, Michelle. They really are magical to watch.

      Delete
  9. I love the image of those colorful balloons floating on summer's last sigh. There's a balloon festival near us each summer, but I've yet to make it there. Your poem has inspired me to do so next year. On a side note, your Little House picture sent me flying back into sweet memories of my love affair with that show long, long ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and checking in. I love hearing from you.